Wedding Bells Ringing at Vetsec and are you speaking to a vampire?
Our Virtual Veterinary Receptionist team, and everyone at Vetsec, found themselves having to fight their instincts this month, as they had to ignore a ringing sound…of wedding bells.
Also during October; our Virtual Veterinary Receptionist become Vampire Receptionists, Emma has been working hard on customer care, and we’ve all been working with our newest staff members, who are working hard completing Vetsec’s comprehensive three-month training programme undertaken by all our Virtual Receptionists.
Clinic Answering Service News
In the past month, Vetsec’s Virtual Veterinary Receptionist Team;
- Answered over 18,105 calls
- Each member of the team delivered an average of 18.7 messages every hour!
Virtual Veterinary Receptionist News
What’s happening with our team of Virtual Veterinary Receptionists…
- We’re delighted to welcome Daiana and Amy to the team, who join Vetsec as our two newest Virtual Receptionists. Welcome ladies! Wishing you a long and happy time here!
- As if joining Ely’s premier telephone answering team wasn’t excitement enough for one month, Amy also chose October to get married! All the Vetsec team send our warmest congratulations to her and her very lucky partner!
- Are your clients speaking to a ghost, vampire or werewolf without knowing? Some of our virtual reception team just can’t resist spooky season. So, when you or your clients speak to us this Halloween you could be on the other end of the line to anyone from Jack Skellington to Jessica Rabbit, Shrek to a shrieking banshee, Frankenstein to Frankie from the Saturdays. We’ve seen a lot of costumes over the years so here’s some inspiration for 2019’s Virtual Vampire Receptionists!
Why use a Vet’s Best Friend?
If you need a break during busy periods, let Vetsec take your overflow phone calls. That means no more trying to juggle face-to-face client queries and telephone bookings simultaneously!
When stress enters a workplace, production drops dramatically. Increase your efficiency in-house, and minimise mistakes, by letting Vetsec help out when things get overwhelming.
That’s why Vetsec is a Vet’s Best Friend.